Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My First International KAL.

I can't exactly recall how I found this pattern from Hollaknits , but I know it was love at first sight and I told myself that I must make one of this for myself, cos it is just too lovely. This pattern called Nachtfalter by Stefanie Pollmeier and I am just so thrilled when I found out that there are lotsa knitter on Ravelry who actually want to held a knit-a-long for this. 

  

This pullover is worked in round for its ribbing with a very neat cable pattern and continue by working flat for its lace part with a very beautiful Honeybee stitch that creates a sophisticated overall look. 


It is a 6weeks KAL, which started on 3rd June and to be finished latest by 15th July 2013. And the best part of all lots of great prizes offer for those who can finish the project on time.

So I start my swatching yesterday night, using a local made yarn called Soft Cotton Acrylic, made of 60% cotton, 40% acrylic which I found will be suitable enough to be worn in a hot weather country like mine here.

Call me lazy or anything else for doing the swatch both the ribbing and the lace part on one piece, but I love to see how my swatch turn out and makes me can't wait to see how my whole project will look like on me once I finish.


Managed to get the gauge for the ribbing area after swatching it for two time, cos this part seems to be kind of important in determining how nicely fit it will be once finished.
As for the honeybee lace, I am just loving it. It actually was easier that I thought earlier, thanks to a very detailed explanation on Stephanie's Blog.

Gauge achieved with needle size 3mm for ribbing & 3.75mm for the lace

However I decided, I will go a size higher for the ribbing part, cos I like it to fit me comfortably with a positive ease. And really can't wait to finish mine soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...