Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Last Wednesday of the Month.

I finally have the time to sit down in front of my laptop and web browsing through some great blogs, on this very last Wednesday on the month of May.
Found out these great blogs : Tami's Amis  & Small Things that encourage people to actually share their work in progress on any crafts online every Wednesday

You can check out what other crafters are doing this week listed in those two blogs as well. It caught my interest for sure and definitely is my first event to join which sounds really fun.

A little encouragement from others will sure boost up the mood to get the project finish soon, especially when you know there will be some of the reader that will drop by to read your blog on the progress you made, I assume.


Tami's Amis Blog


Ginny's Blog - Small Thing














So here is my work in progress for this week: a pullover with a cable and lace pattern, progressing at 60% done, worked in round and I am desperately hoping to get it completed by end of the week. 


The only issue I have now, I accidentally hurt my right hand while I start knitting this few days back. Somehow this yarn that I used was not moving smoothly on my bamboo needle - Etimo Carry C, so I have to push almost every stitch I am about to knit. 

Never have this kind experience with other yarn of the same type though. I ended up have to change the needle to aluminium circular - Addi fixed circular and it did help the stitches to move smoothly but sadly my hand already hurts, so I still need to slow down and take a rest another day or two.

Finger crossing that my hand will heal soon and I can get back to finishing the pullover.



18 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful! I bet that's a sweater you'll be wearing a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christine, hopefully it will be just like what you said :D

      Delete
  2. That sweater is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! What pattern, please??? Hopefully, your hand will repair itself soon and you have continue pain-free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon. The pullover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have no choice but to stop knitting these two days just to get the hand fully heal.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cables! very nice indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope your hand is all better very soon! your knitting is so lovely, that is such a pretty pattern. i'm coming by from yarn along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori ann, happy to have you dropping by.

      Delete
  6. Take it easy on your hand; overdoing seldom makes things better. I often switch between metal, carbon fiber and bamboo depending on how slippery or grippy the yarn is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I've been doing too, just to make sure I have the comfort of knitting with suitable needle. As what they said too much is never good rite, thanks for dropping by anyway.

      Delete
  7. Amazing project!

    I hope you get better soon.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-90/

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely devastating about your hand - wishing you a speedy recovery!

    beautiful knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Tanya. I can't wait to get back to my knitting for sure.

      Delete
  9. Hope you can start knitting soon - it will be lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it is very nice of you to drop by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...