Friday, May 31, 2013

A harsh pledge for myself!

For the past few day, due to my knitting incident where I hurt my hand till I have to actually rest and do no knitting at all. With nothing to be done, I really find days are hard to pass, especially when all you can think of is to get your project finished soon, yet you can do nothing about it.

So yesterday, I actually decided to clean up my personal stash back at home to kill my spare time. And through the 3hours cleaning process, I was kind of shock to see that almost half of my stash is usually sort of useless. Yes, I am using the word USELESS.


Before the Clean Up
After the Clean Up




These are the reasons why I said that:

  1. 40% of my stash is in blend colour and some of it really too striking I might said.
  2. 35% of my stash only has 2-3skeins for each colour which yardage is barely enough to make big project such as wearable even for my little girl.
  3. 25% of my stash is actually of the same type, the only different is on its colour choices.
  4. 30% of my stash is made of material that might not even suitable for the weather in my country.
All mentioned above are pretty clear reasons to declare that my stash half useless for sure. So now I am thinking to either really make use of it by working on suitable project or to actually sell it off to my fellow knitter here.

This really makes me realised that how recklessly I have been spending on yarn all this time, without actually analisying the chances on how I am going to make use them for my project, which makes me decide to make this pledge for myself and to be witness by every one on the internet. Hoping that If I do not obey it, some one out there or maybe a friend will be kind enough to remind me on the reason I should go back with the pledge :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...