Friday, March 25, 2011

Another skill-sharpening day ^^

Still dealing with knitting, I again decided to get my finger more familiar with some basic knit stitches "knit, purl and yarn over". So the easiest way to practice is through making the basic Granny Dishcloth as I assume no pattern reading needed.  
But come to a surprise, the dishcloth that I made was actually not according to the basic pattern, which at first I thought I have done exactly like what the usual pattern should look like. But looking at the finish outcome,guess I have successfully plucking the pattern from the air (^^,)

Granny Dishcloth with double ICT yarn & 4.00mm circular needle


Incase you are interested to make 1, here is the pattern I used for the granny dishcloth:

** start with CO 4times, continue with knit all the way on the next row.


R1: K1, YO, knit all the way to 1 last stitch, YO, K1
R2: knit all the way
repeat both row pattern till you reach the wanted length, then only continue with the *decreasing part*


*Decreasing part (assume it falls at R15)
R15: K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit all the way to 4 last sts, K2tog, YO, K2tog
R16: knit all the way
keep on repeating both R15 & R16 until there is only 4sts left. then BO.


There you go, have a try & create your very own granny dishcloth now ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...