Thursday, June 7, 2012

Playing with Beads

It has been in my Must Do List, adding the beads into a crochet or knit project of mine. Cos it makes the project turn out so sparkle and look nice.
So I decided to finally have a try on bead crocheting with PkuRajuters' June CAL Shawl : Triangle Shawl in Connected Heart Design by Sandi Marshall.




For a first timer like me, it definitely was a challenge working with beads while crocheting, cos not only you have to concentrate on which part the beads should be put on but also to insert the yarn into the beads using a smaller hook then the one I used for the shawl.


No doubt that while working with beads, I had some beads scattered around on the floor also due to my clumsiness, on accidentally flip the beads tray over. Not only that, I put up the challenge a little bit higher by working with black color yarn, in order to make the beads stands out and of course it was quite pain in the eyes working with a dark color yarn especially when you are short sighted. And it was also the project that used up lotsa needle during blocking time, since I had the edging more complicated then usual. 


But overall it was really fun and to see the shawl finally completed, make me could not be more proud of what I have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...