Monday, April 30, 2012

Resolution of 2012 achieved!!!


Finally.. I could not be more proud, I have FINALLY achieved my 2012 resolution, on knitting a shawl of my own. This is for sure my most memorable finished-knitted project and also the 2nd biggest project I have knitted after all this long. Also my very first participation in a Knit Along program.

This is the Sun Catcher Shawl, designed by Iris Schreier of Artyarns. It used up about 3skeins of Artyarns Cottonspring with needle size 4mm and surprisingly completed within (plus minus) a month.

The myth I had all this while, has been broken, that Lace Knitting is hard. After patiently working through the pattern, I found that it is more to concentration issue & the determination of getting the shawl finished up. Cos the stitches used in it are all those basic stitches that can be found in easy project too.

Sun Catcher Shawl Close Up
Not only that, finishing the shawl, I also have learned a new method called Lace bind off, which I probably will not found if I don't knit this shawl.

This is one of the reason I love KNITTING even more every day, cos I get to learn new method every time I go through a project. For sure to me it has become an experience even money can't buy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...